If you have just purchased the Alcatel One Touch 991D device and interested in rooting it, you can follow our guide below. There doesn’t seem to be many guides on rooting this device, but we’ve got a working guide just for you right below. Once you’ve gotten root access on the device, you’re free to install any root-only app and grant root permissions with Superuser. Let’s get the procedure started:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. But unrooting the device will restore the warranty.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the #122 post)
2. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the Alcatel One Touch 991D:
1. Place both the archives you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Package archive to your Desktop. It’ll make it easier to find them in later steps.
3. Double-click on the Flash Tool executable file you extracted from the archive.
4. In the tool, make sure that the USB Mode option is marked in Options menu.
5. Click on the Scatter-loading button and select the scatter file you extracted from the archive.
6. Once done, a list of various files will appear, choose BOOTIMG among them.
7. Select the BOOTIMG file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
8. Turn OFF your device.
9. Pull the battery out of the device.
10. Wait for about 10 seconds and put it back into the device.
11. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable, the device is still turned OFF.
12. Click on Download button in the tool and let it do the process.
13. The progress bar will show the progress of the operation that’s currently going on.
14. Once it’s done, you’ll get a notification on your screen.
15. Reboot the device if it doesn’t automatically.
16. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
17. Make sure that your device is connected to your PC via USB cable.
18. Extract files from the SuperOneClick archive to your Desktop.
19. Double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file to launch it.
20. Hit Root button in the tool and let it root the device.
21. You’ll be notified once it’s done.
22. You’re all set!
Awesome! The root access has been successfully gained on the device and you may now install any root-only app on it.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.