Announced back in September this year, The Motorola Droid RAZR M is the successor of the Motorola’s flagship Android device, the Droid RAZR. Now equipped with 4G LTE connectivity, the device allows for faster data transmission than its predecessor and it runs on the Android 4.0 ICS. A while ago, we reported that the developer edition of the Droid RAZR M was available and it seems a pretty big number of people bought the device. If you’re one of those lucky ones, we’ve a good news for you. A root method has become available for the RAZR M, unlocking the true potential of your device. To root your Droid RAZR M, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This should void the warranty of your device. However, you can get the warranty back by unrooting the device.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Motorola Droid RAZR M:
1. Place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on run.bat file you unzipped from the archive to your Desktop.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Brilliant! Your Droid RAZR M has now been rooted, all thanks to the work of the developer. To confirm root access, look for the Superuser app on your App Drawer!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.