Consider it a gift or anything, you’re always going to get some free apps when you buy your Android device from a carrier, such as Rogers. Some of the users just don’t like these apps, because they are useless and don’t do much than occupying the memory space that could otherwise be used to install some of your favorite apps. If you’re one of those frustrated users and looking for a way to get rid of bloatware from your Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE by Rogers, you can follow our guide below. The following guide explains how you can root the device and eventually you’ll be able to remove the bloatware by getting the appropriate file from XDA. Let’s see how to root the Galaxy S2 HD LTE, the Rogers version.
1. This should void the warranty of your device. In future, if you want to get the warranty back, you can unroot the device.
2. This is intended to work on Android 4.0.4 Stock Firmware.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (It’s attached in the first post)
2. Odin (Download link’s given in the first post)
3. Supersu ZIP (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Pull the battery out of your device.
5. Put it back into the device.
6. Now, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
7. Press the Volume UP button to enter Download mode.
8. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
9. Odin should recognize your device and one of the boxes in the Odin will turn into yellow.
10. In the Odin, click on PDA and then select the ClockworkMod Recovery file you downloaded earlier.
11. Uncheck the box labeled as Re-Partition if it’s checked.
12. Click the Start button and wait for the process to finish.
13. Once done, you should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
Great! The custom recovery has been installed on the device, now is the time to gain root access on the device. To do so, follow the following steps:
1. Connect the device to your PC using USB cable.
2. Copy the Supersu ZIP file over to the root of your SD card.
3. Disconnect the device once the file has been copied.
4. Turn OFF the device.
5. Boot it into Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
6. Once in Recovery, choose install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
7. Select the Supersu ZIP for flashing.
8. Once done, choose reboot system now from the Recovery menu.
9. And you’re done!
Brilliant! The Supersu has successfully been flashed and you now have root access on your device.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE Rogers to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.