Huawei U8180 got the root access and just after that, it got the popular ClockworkMod Recovery. With both of these tools in hand, one can easily do what he wants with his device. From installing custom ROMs to modifying the device with tweaks, everything has been possible, all thanks to the Android Developers. In case you’ve messed up with the device and want to return it to service center, better you unroot it first. This should restore the warranty of the device, so let’s see how you can unroot the Huawei U8180.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, then following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Place the SuperOneClick ZIP archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development and enable the USB debugging option.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file and it should launch.
6. In the tool, hit Unroot button as shown below.
7. It should take some time to unroot the device, so relax and be patient.
8. Once it’s done, disconnect the device from your PC.
9. You’re all done!
Great! Your device has successfully been unrooted and the warranty has also been restored.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.