In this year’s Mobile World Congress, we saw LG showing its intelligence by launching three new smartphones under its L lineup to capture all three segments of the market–high, mid and low. The LG Optimus L3 falls under the mid range by providing users the experience of Gingerbread OS and not damaging their pockets at the same time. The phone’s got quite a good configuration-a 800MHz processor, 3.2″ inch screen and all that traditional connectivity options. If you have purchased this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, we have something good for you. In the following guide, we’ve explained all the steps you should follow to root your LG Optimus L3 E400 smartphone. Follow all the steps carefully and you should end up with a rooted device.
I. Before You Begin:
1. Rooting voids the warranty of the device. However, you can restore the warranty by unrooting the device.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have drivers for your device installed on your PC. You can get them from here.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the LG Optimus L3 E400:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the run.bat file you extracted from the archive.
6. It should start rooting the device.
7. Once done, disconnect the device from your PC.
8. And you’re rooted now!
Brilliant! Your LG Optimus L3 E400 has successfully been rooted and all the credit for the method goes to the original developer.
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Optimus L3 E400 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.