If you look for the general Android rooting tools, you’ll find that there are many and thousands of devices are compatible with those methods. The Unlock Root Tool is a such tool that supports a handful of devices and provides options to root and unroot devices. The following guide shows how you can use the tool to gain root access on your device. If it works for your device and you successfully rooted your device, make sure you leave us a comment with your device name so others can benefit from it.
1. This will void the warranty. However, the unrooting feature in the tool allows you to reinstate the warranty of your device.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
3. You must have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
4. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Place the Unlock Root Tool file you just downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Double-click on the tool’s executable file and install the program.
3. Once installed, launch it on your PC.
4. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
5. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Click on Root button in the tool and it’ll try to detect your device.
7. A list of detected devices will appear, select your device from the list.
8. As soon as you select the device, it’ll start the rooting process.
9. Once the rooting’s done, you should get a confirmation message on your screen.
10. Reboot the device.
11. You’re done!
Great! Your device has been successfully rooted and you can confirm the root access by installing the Root Checker app.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.