Second smartphone in the LG’s 3D smartphone series, the LG Optimus 3D Max, brings users three-dimensional viewing capability so they can watch 3D movies in their real format and not losing the thrilling actions in such movies. If you happen to own this device, there’s a good news that the device has just got a root method. While the device already has plenty of features, the root access will let you add more features, such as overclocking the CPU. To learn how to root the LG Optimus 3D Max, follow the following guide.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This should void the warranty. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must be running on the Android Gingerbread.
3. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
4. You should have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Kit (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-1)
2. SystemBackupTest APK (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-2)
III. Rooting the LG Optimus 3D Max:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Kit archive to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the APK file you downloaded over to the root of your SD card.
5. Disconnect the device once file is copied.
6. On your device, go to Menu>>Settings>>Security and enable the Unknown sources option.
7. Head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development and enable the USB debugging option.
8. Open the File Manager on your device and tap on the APK file and install it.
9. Once installed, launch it from the Menu.
10. While the app is running, hold down the Power button and reboot the device.
11. The device should stop at the LG logo.
12. After 3-4 minutes, press the Power button.
13. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
14. Double-click on the root.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
15. It should root the device.
16. Once rooted, go to Google Play and search for SuperSU. Hit Update button to update the app.
17. You’re all done!
Great! Your LG Optimus 3D Max has been successfully rooted and you can now go as deeper as to root-level files to make modifications or for any other idea you might have!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Optimus 3D Max to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.