Maybe you’ve had enough fun playing with your rooted Nexus 4 or maybe you have an issue with it and need to send it in for warranty. Either way, unrooting it is just as easy as rooting it thanks to MSkip’s toolkit. Plug it in, push some commands and viola! Here’s how.
I. Before You Begin
1. We are assuming you have done our How to Root the Nexus 4 (MSkip Toolkit Method) procedure for this procedure to work.
2. You must use Windows.
II.Flash Google Factory Firmware
1. Turn off the device.
2. Turn it back on by holding down volume down, volume up and power at the same time to put it into fastboot mode.
3. Plug it in via USB cable to your computer.
4. Open the Nexus 4 Toolkit by right clicking it and saying Open as Administrator (you should have downloaded this from this procedure).
5. Select your device and your Android version.
6. Select the option for Download, Extract, and Flash Google Stock ROM (this choice was 9 for me but might be different for you).
7. Follow the on screen prompts until it is done.
8. *If you have an issue with downloading the stock firmware (like I did in the video), download the firmware manually from here and save it to your computer. Right click the firmware file when its done downloading and then select copy. Go to File Explorer > C: > Google Nexus 4 Toolkit > put_google_factory_image_here folder and once inside that folder right click a blank area and hit paste. Make sure it is the only file in that folder, if there are others, delete them. Then head back to the Toolkit and select the option for Download, Extract, and Flash Google Stock ROM (this choice was 9 for me but might be different for you). Then select Flash Google Factory Image and then type yes and hit enter. It should flash that firmware now.
III. Relock the Bootloader
1. Once the device reboots, turn it off.
2. Unplug it.
3. Turn it back on by holding down Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power at the same time until it boots into Fastboot mode.
4. Plug it back in via USB.
5. In the Toolkit on the computer, select the option for Unlock/Relock the Bootloader and then select to Relock it.
6. Follow the on screen prompts until it is done.
7. Once it reboots, you are all done!
If this procedure helped you, please head over and thank/donate to MSkip for his great toolkit!