Want to reinstate the warranty of your Xperia GO just because you messed up with it and it has to be taken to the service center? No problem, we can help you to do so. The same tool we used to root the device can be used to unroot it and for your convenience, we’ve put together all the steps you should follow to unroot your device. Let’s see how to unroot the Sony Xperia GO.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Unroot Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Unroot Package on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the package archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file and the tool should launch.
6. Follow the instructions displayed to unroot the device.
7. Reboot the device once it’s unrooted.
8. You’re all done!
Great! The device has successfully been unrooted and you shouldn’t see the Superuser app anymore in your App Drawer. With unrooting comes the lost warranty back!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.