The device manufacturers always try to provide their consumers with a complete device containing all the required software and hardware parts but the consumers will always going to have the hunger of more. This is where things like custom recovery come in play. A recovery allows you to flash custom ROMs created by the Android fans on your device and as a result, you’ll have a couple of extra features added to your device. The best part about a custom recovery is it can easily be installed on the device and doesn’t involve complex steps just like the rooting procedures. Should you want to install CWM Recovery on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2, you can follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. Your device must be rooted. You can follow our How to Root the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 procedure to root the device.
2. The battery level on your device shouldn’t be less than 50%.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ROM Manager (Google Play Link)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile):
1. Download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once installed, open it from Menu.
3. On the first screen, tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option.
4. You should see the list of compatible devices, tap on your device name.
5. It will then download and install the recovery on your device.
6. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
7. You’re all set!
Great! The ClockworkMod Recovery has been successfully installed on your Galaxy Note 2 and if you were looking to install custom ROMs, you may do so now!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.