While most devices usually need to be rooted before they can have custom recovery, some Samsung devices require you to have a custom recovery before you can actually root it. In these cases, installing a custom recovery will not only enable you to root it but also take backups, wipe data and install custom ROMs. The guide below will help you install ClockworkMod Recovery (a very popular custom recovery) on the Samsung Exhibit II 4G (SGH-T679).
1. Back up all data you feel is important before you start with this guide.
2. Make sure that your device is charged to 75% or more before you begin.
cwm.6012.t679.zip [Download link available in this post]
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy cwm.6012.t679.zip to your internal SD.
2. Boot into recovery. To do this,
4. On the next screen, select apply update from sdcard using the Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate and the Home button to select.
5. Highlight cwm.6012.t679.zip on the next screen and press the Home button to select it.
Once the zip file is flashed, you should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed and running the next time you access recovery.
Use our next procedure to root your Exhibit II 4G.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss