Can’t buy the pocket-damaging but truly awesome Nexus 4 smartphone? No worries, you can get the same awesomeness on your LG Optimus G smartphone by simply installing a mod on the device. The XDA Community has always been around to help medium-sized smartphone users get the most out of their devices. Be it a root method or a custom recovery, you’ll always find something coming from the hardworking developers. This time, it’s a mod that turns your current Optimus G into a Nexus 4 looking device and you don’t have to spend a penny to do that, everything’s explained in the guide given below so go get the ball rolling.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
1. MOD File (Download link’s given in the first post, in Instructions section)
2. LGNPST Tool (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the LGNPST executable file and install the program.
4. On your Desktop, you have a file with .tot extension. Rename it to have .bin as the extension.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do that, press and hold Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
7. Once inside Download mode, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
8. Launch the LGNPST tool you installed earlier on your PC.
9. In the tool, click on DLL and select the lgnpst_ls970.dll file you have on your Desktop.
10. Click on the Browse option just below to that and select the .bin file you renamed earlier.
11. Click the Start button and sit back and relax.
12. You’ll get an error when it’s reached 85%. Don’t panic as it’s normal.
13. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
14. You’re all set!
Awesome! Your LG Optimus G will boot up like a Nexus 4 device and you should immediately be able to see the changes the mod has brought to you! If you encounter any issues or having problems using the mod, you can always refer to the original thread for troubleshooting.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.