The Micromax A110 Canvas 2 is the successor of the Micromax A100, which was launched back in August, 2012 with a large 5″ inch screen. Most specifications of the new device remain same as its predecessor, however, there’re some noticable improvements on the camera side in the new one. In Canvas 2, you’ll find an improved 8MP Camera while the original Canvas had a 5MP Camera, this surely promises for better still capturing. The LED flash has also been upgraded to dual-LED flash and instead of a single core processor, the Canvas 2 boasts a Dual-Core processor, obviously for better performance and no sluggish game playing environment. A root method’s been discovered for the Canvas 2 and you if you want to root the device, we’ve put up a nice guide just below. Follow it and you’ll have your device rooted.
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
Mirror link – In case you’re having issues downloading from the original thread.
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. Don’t launch any files just yet.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by simply heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Now, double-click on RunMe.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
6. When it asks to choose the mode, select Normal mode.
7. Rest of the instructions to root the device will be shown on your screen. Just follow them.
8. Once rooting’s done, reboot the device.
9. You should be rooted now!
Amazing! Your Micromax A110 beast’s now having the power of Superuser and your favorite root-only apps are waiting for you!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.