TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery designed for the Android Devices and it replaces the stock recovery with a fully-featured and XML driven recovery. The working model of the recovery is mostly same as the ClockworkMod, however, there’re some features that make TWRP unique, like it’s theme-able meaning you can change the look of the recovery according to your needs and so on. Motorola RAZR HD XT925 users are in luck as the said recovery’s available for their devices and installing it takes no more than a few minutes. To install the TWRP Recovery on your device, follow the following guide.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our rooting guide to root the device.
2. You should have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so over here.
2. TWRP Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Reboot the device into Fastboot mode. To do so, simply press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. Select Fastboot from the list and press the Power button to confirm it.
6. Once inside the Fastboot mode, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
8. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual name of the recovery image you have downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. Once recovery’s flashed, reboot the device by issuing following command:
10. And you’re all done!
Congrats! The TWRP Recovery has been successfully installed on your device and you should be able to access it to perform various actions like installing custom ROMs and making nandroid backups!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola RAZR HD XT925 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.