To attract the mid-range smartphone users who just can’t buy the Samsung beasts, such as Galaxy S3, Samsung has launched a smartphone called Galaxy Premier. The smartphone could be a perfect choice if you’re looking to get the same style and design like those expensive smartphones but have a less budget. Considering the price it comes in, you’re really getting a lot of features and most importantly, the phone’s got a large touch-screen and it runs on the latest Android Jelly Bean, something you wouldn’t find in other inexpensive smartphones. You can still further improve your experience if you root the device and you can do so by following our guide below. It explains how you can root your Samsung Galaxy Premier smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left to ensure an uninterrupted process.
1. Root Package
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Click on PDA button and select the Root File you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the tool.
6. Leave Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons simultaneously.
9. When it asks you to confirm your action, simply press the Volume UP button.
10. Once inside the Download mode, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Hit Start button in the Odin and it’ll start flashing the file.
12. Once flashing’s done, your device should reboot automatically.
13. And you’re all done!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully rooted and is now capable to be loaded with root-only apps!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.