LG Escape P870 is one of those high-end specification offerings from AT&T sporting a large 4.3″ inch screen and LG’s own user-interface layer called Optimus UI to make it feel unique among other handsets in the market. As you might expect, this terminal boasts a 1.2GHz Dual-Core processor and Android Ice Cream Sandwich on the board, a bit old but still useful. You will be glad to know that a root method has recently become available for the device allowing you to unchain your device and get unofficial goodies running on the device. To learn how you can root your LG Escape P870, you can see our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device is charged fully or has at least 50% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the #532 post)
III. Rooting the LG Escape P870:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Now from the files you extracted to your Desktop, double-click on rooting.bat file.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Brilliant! The root access has successfully been achieved on your device and you can now perform actions like installing root-only apps or maybe uninstalling the system apps!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.