While root access just gives you the ability to play around with root-only apps, a custom recovery helps to install custom ROMs that are preloaded with bunch of new and improved features than the stock ones. Getting a custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) is not a big deal, all you have to do is just follow the following procedure and you’ll have it up and running on your device in no time. Besides the custom ROMs installation feature, you’re gonna get a bunch of other options, such as taking nandroid backups, flashing mods and so on. So, let’s see how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular).
1. You must have done our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) procedure.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the Odin archive to your Desktop.
3. Launch the Odin tool by double-clicking on its executable file available on your Desktop.
4. Click on PDA button and select the CWM Recovery file you downloaded earlier.
5. Checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Make sure that the Repartition box is unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode. This can be achieved by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Once inside the Download mode, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Click Start button in the tool and it’ll begin flashing the file.
11. Once it’s done, your device will reboot automatically.
12. And you’re all set!
Brilliant! Your device has been successfully equipped with a custom recovery and that’s enough for you to get custom ROMs and Mods running on your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.