One thing you have to keep in your mind is, when you’re going to sell an Android Device, make sure you unroot it first. Smartphones that are rooted have no valid warranty and therefore, you might lose some bucks as a buyer wouldn’t pay much for a device that is not serviceable by the service center. If you’ve purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) and have rooted it and now want to sell it off, then this guide will help you restore the warranty of your device and will get the device back to stock. Here’s how you can do so:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left to enjoy an uninterrupted process.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place both the files you downloaded over to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives and place them on your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Put a checkmark in the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Do NOT checkmark the box that says Repartition.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Once inside the Download mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Click on Start button in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
11. Within a few minutes, your device will be unrooted.
12. And you’re all done!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully unrooted and is now back to the stock firmware. If you had made any customizations on your device, say a few tweaks in the Settings, then all of those are lost and you have to configure the device once again!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss