*In the video we use an iPhone 4 to demonstrate the procedure, the procedure is identical to the way to do it for any iPhone.
Maybe you’ve read our New Here section? Maybe you’ve seen a friend’s iPhone that was jailbroken and decided you wanted that type of freedom as well? Either way, let us show you how to jailbreak your iPhone 5 on the latest firmware at the time of writing this; iOS 6.1.1 using the Evasi0n jailbreaking program.
1. This will void your warranty, BUT only as long as you keep it jailbroken, if you un-jailbreak it, your warranty is reinstated.
1. You must be on the iOS 6.1.1 version of iOS for this to work. To check what version you are on, simply tap Settings > General > About and scroll down to Version and it should say 6.1.1 next to it.
2. If it says anything lesser than that (i.e. 4.0.3, 5.0.1, 5.0, 5.1.1 etc.), you must update to iOS 6.1.1 before continuing. If it says anything higher than that (i.e. 6.2, 6.2.1, etc.) please head to our iOS How To’s section and look for the how to for your version.
3. To update, plug your device in via USB cable to your computer, open iTunes, select your iPhone under devices on the left side and then select Update under the image of your device, under “Version”.
4. After your device has been updated, we can continue.
2. Once saved to your computer unzip it if using Windows.
3. Next, double click either the .exe (for Windows), .dmg (for Mac), or .tar.bz2 (for Linux) and launch the program.
4. Once the program opens up, plug in your device via USB cable. If iTunes opens up, close it.
5. Select the Jailbreak button in the Evasi0n program.
6. Wait for it to finish, it will take a while so be patient.
7. Once you see the Cydia icon on your device’s screen, you are all set and can disconnect from the USB cable!
If you need to unjailbreak for any reason, here’s how.
If this procedure helped you please head to the evad3rs team site and thank/donate to them here!