HTC has always focused on capturing the mid-range smartphone market and in the efforts to do so, the company has unveiled the Droid Incredible series smartphones. These phones don’t just consist of great quality features, but they do provide maximum features at the price you can afford. One of these devices is the Droid Incredible 2, a great smartphone comprising of a nice set of hardware, and not to mention the ICS firmware the device can be updated to. While the device comes preloaded with all the required features, you should root it to access a whole new world of features, something you won’t get to enjoy on unrooted devices. So, in this guide, we’ll be showing you how you can root your HTC Droid Incredible 2 smartphone. Here you go:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so from here.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
4. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. You can get them from here.
2. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-6)
3. Superuser ZIP (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-7)
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop. You’ll get fastboot.exe along with some other files.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Pull the battery out of your device.
5. Put the battery back into the device but don’t turn it ON.
6. Still switched OFF, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together on your device.
7. You’ll see a menu with some options, choose the BOOTLOADER option.
8. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
9. Open a Command Prompt Window on the Desktop of your PC. To do so, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
10. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window you just opened. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual name of the recovery image you downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
11. Once it has done flashing the recovery, issue following command:
12. And you’re done!
Great! The ClockworkMod Recovery has been successfully installed on your Droid Incredible 2 and you can now proceed to the root process below.
1. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy the Superuser ZIP archive over to the root of your SD card.
3. Once the file’s copied, unplug your device from your PC.
4. Turn OFF the device.
5. Reboot the device into Recovery Mode. To do that, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
6. Select Recovery from the options that appear on your screen.
7. In the Recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Select the Superuser ZIP you copied earlier for flashing.
9. It’ll start flashing the ZIP archive.
10. Once it’s done, choose reboot system now from the recovery menu and your device will reboot.
11. You’re all done!
Brilliant! Your device has now successfully been rooted and you should see the Superuser app installed on your App Drawer. You’re recommended to update the SU binaries by launching Superuser app and heading to the Settings section.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Droid Incredible 2 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss