Rooting allows you to unlock the true potential of your device so you can get the most out of it regardless of what restrictions your manufacturer has imposed on your device. ZTE Score M, an Android smartphone that runs on the MetroPCS network can now be rooted as a root exploit has been discovered by the developers. This surely is a good news for all the users of the said device and to make the process to root your device easier, here we’ve come up with a clean and neat guide. Follow all the steps given in the following guide and get your device rooted.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This voids the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the ZTE Score M:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the push.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
4. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window one-by-one:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock2 /system
busybox cp su /system/xbin/su
busybox cp Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
busybox cp busybox /system/xbin/busybox
chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox
chown root.shell /system/xbin/su
chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
ln -s /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su
/system/xbin/busybox --install -s /system/xbin
5. Reboot your device,
6. And you should be rooted now!
Awesome! Your ZTE Score M has been successfully rooted and the Superuser app is now present in your App Drawer. You may now install your favorite root-only apps on your device!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the ZTE Score M to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.