The “next big thing” is finally here. Samsung has delivered on their promises and made the Galaxy S4 official today during a live press event held in New York City.
As expected this smartphone is packed with specs and new features and we’ve rounded up all the highlights for you below.
- Processor: 1.9GHz Quad-core processor or 1.6GHz Octa-core processor
- Memory: 2GB of RAM and 16/ 32/ 64 GB User memory expandable through SDcard slot
- Display: 5″ full-HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- Connections: Hexaband LTE, HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, IR controller
- Battery: 2,600mAh
- OS: Android 4.2.2
- Camera: 13MP rear facing with 2MP front facing, both camera use Samsung’s Dual Camera tech allowing you to take photos and capture video at the same time
- Photo edits: Users can take a series of photos and edit them with built in photo tweaks
- Story Album: Creates automatic albums of your photos when you travel and gathers them for you
- Improved TouchWiz
- Smart Pause:Allows the phone to pause a video when you look away from the screen
- Smart Scroll: Scrolls with your eye movements
- Air View and Air Gesture: Allows you to gesture with the S4 just by hovering your finger over the screen
Unfortunately, no official date was confirmed for the Galaxy 4 launch, but Samsung expects the smartphone to launch sometime during Q2 of this year. In the meantime you can peruse the official photos below.