LG Splendor is among those smartphones from US Cellular lineup that are lacking 4G connectivity and are a bit feature-less than the other smartphones in the lineup. The device’s running Android 4.0.4 ICS out-of-box and is supported with a 1GHz of processor, quite good but not the best. If you’ve purchased the smartphone or looking to get one and are concerned about root access, well, you’re in luck. The device’s can be rooted using the universal ICS root method developed by the XDA developers and you can have full access over all the features of your device. In this guide, you’ll be learning how you can root the LG Splendor smartphone and get the Superuser app running on it, here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You will lose the warranty of your device if you root it. However, unrooting should help you reinstate the warranty of your device provided there’s already an unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the LG Splendor:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you have on your Desktop.
6. Select the first option – 0 from the list.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. You should now be rooted!
Brilliant! Your device now has root access hence the ability to install root-only apps and maximize the usefulness of the device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.