Although it’s been about two years since Motorola announced its XPRT Android smartphone, the device hasn’t been updated to any newer version of firmware and is still running the oldy Froyo. No matter what manufacturer thinks of its device, the Android Community’s there to provide users with third-party goodies, such as root methods and custom recoveries. And that’s the case with our XPRT. The device has gotten a root method as well as a custom recovery, all thanks to hard-working developers. In this guide, we’ll be showing you how you can root your Motorola XPRT and unlock its true potential!
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must be running on Android Froyo.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. SuperOneClick (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Rooting the Motorola XPRT on Froyo:
1. Download and place the SuperOneClick archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file and it’ll launch.
6. Click on Root button in the app and it’ll start rooting your device.
7. Once your device’s rooted, reboot it.
8. And you’re all done!
Excellent! Your device has been successfully rooted and is equipped with the Superuser app for managing root permissions.
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola XPRT to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.