Installing the TWRP Recovery on your T-Mobile G2X will let you come out of the boredom of using CWM Recovery and will provide you with a fully-touch based recovery interface with some useful features. After installing the recovery, you’ll be able to flash custom ROMs, make backups of your current ROM and even flash mods, all from a single place. So, follow this guide and you should have TWRP Recovery installed on your device.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our root guide to root your device.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
3. You should have APX drivers installed on your PC. You can get them from here.
1. NVFlash (Scroll all the way down and you’ll see the download link)
2. TWRP Recovery Image (Download the latest version having .img as extension)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the NVFlash archive to your Desktop.
3. Rename the Recovery Image you downloaded to recovery.img.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on the screen, select Open command window here.
6. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --bl fastboot.bin --download 5 recovery.img
7. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
8. You’re all set!
Great! You’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your T-Mobile G2X and you now have the ability to flash custom ROMs and Mods on your device!
Image Credit: TechCrunch
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.