If you’ve rooted your LG Nitro HD and looking for a custom recovery other than ClockworkMod Recovery, then TWRP is the one you should be looking for. It’s a great custom recovery loaded with plenty of useful features all of them on a touch-based interface. Follow the following guide to install TWRP Recovery on your Nitro HD smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Follow our root guide to root your device.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. TWRP Recovery Image (Download the latest version of the Recovery)
III. Installing TWRP Recovery on the LG Nitro HD:
1. Place the Recovery Image on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Rename the Recovery Image to recovery.img.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Recovery Image over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Now head over to Google Play and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device.
7. Once installed, open it from your Menu.
8. Type in following command into the app:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
9. Once the recovery’s been flashed on your device, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all done!
Awesome! You now have working TWRP Recovery on your Nitro HD and you can start flashing custom ROMs right away!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Nitro HD to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.