After Sony Xperia ZL, now is the time to root the Sony Xperia SL smartphnoe. Running on Android ICS, the Xperia SL’s got a 1.7GHz Dual-Core processor and a 1GB of RAM, good enough to play resource-intensive games and do multitasking much faster than any low-end smartphone. If you’ve purchased the device and want to root it, then follow the following guide and you’ll get your device rooted in no time.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works for the 6.1.A.2.45 firmware only.
3. You must have a Windows based PC to do this procedure.
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on RunMe.bat file you’ve on your Desktop and it’ll launch.
6. Choose Normal Mode when it asks you to choose the mode.
7. Select Root option in the tool and it’ll start rooting your device.
8. You should be rooted now!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully rooted and now has Superuser app in the App Drawer. If you were looking to install some root-only apps on your device, you can do so now!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.