Unrooting the Toshiba Thrive is as easy as rooting it, all you need to do is just launch the toolkit and hit the appropriate option. This may sound a bit confusing to some of our novice readers, so here we’ve put together all the steps you’re going to take to unroot your device. And here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root your device, then the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Thrive Toolkit (Download link’s given at the bottom of the first post)
III. Unrooting the Toshiba Thrive:
1. Download and place the Toshiba Thrive Toolkit archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Launch the toolkit by double-clicking on Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file you have on your Desktop.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. And you should be unrooted now!
Great! Your device’s been successfully unrooted and you should no longer be able to install root-only apps on your device.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.