If at all you come to a point where you need to get your device into a service center or you are thinking about selling, flashing the device back to stock is a good idea to avoid unwanted questions. In case of the Micromax Canvas HD, unrooting and bringing it back to stock will be as easy as rooting it and your device should be back to its factory state in no time! Read on then to know how to get your Canvas HD back to stock.
I. Before You Begin
1. This will erase all your data, so back up everything that you care about.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more to avoid unwanted shutdowns.
3. Install the necessary drivers before you actually begin the flashing process. This will prevent any unwanted breaks when you are flashing the factory firmware. Use these drivers if you haven’t already installed them.
II. Necessary Downloads
III. Flashing the Micromax Canvas HD Back to Stock
1. Power down your device and remove the battery. Do not connect it to your PC yet.
2. Extract SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1248.0.96.zip to a folder on your desktop.
3. From the extracted folder, run Flash_tool.exe.
4. Extract S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16__flasher_user.rar to a folder on your desktop.
5. Click on Scatter-loading on the Flash Tool application, browse to the location of MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt in the extracted S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16__flasher_user folder and load it on to Flash Tool.
6. Click on the Download button. The Flash Tool application should now say Searching. Connect your device via a microUSB cable at this point. Flash Tool should now recognize your device and start flashing the firmware. If your device is not detected, install the proper drivers and try again.
8. Once you see the Flash Tool display a green circle, unplug from the PC and put the battery back into the device.
You should now find your Canvas HD as new as the day you bought it!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.