So you have just picked up the Samsung phablet — Galaxy Note 2 — and wondering if you could have root-access on it so you can unlock the true potential of it? You’re in luck. Chainfire, a known name in Android industry, has come up with a root method for the device and this guide shows exactly how you can use it to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device. After rooting your device, you’ll have access to hundreds of root-only apps available in the store as well as you can flash a custom recovery and enjoy custom ROMs. But before doing any of these, you need to root your device so get onto the procedure below and do that first.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You should have a Windows based PC to do this procedure.
1. CF-Root (Download link’s available in the third post)
2. Odin (It’s attached in the second post)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Launch the Odin tool by double-clicking on its executable file available on your Desktop.
4. Click on PDA and select the CF-Root file you extracted earlier from the archive.
5. Make sure that the Repartition box isn’t checked.
6. Turn OFF your device
7. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do that, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Once inside Download mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
9. Hit Start button in the tool and it’ll start flashing the file.
10. You should be rooted once the file’s been flashed!
11. You’re done!
Awesome! Your Galaxy Note 2 phablet has been successfully rooted and is ready to be loaded with some cool root-only apps!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss