Just after the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, users started looking for a root method to gain root-access on the device and enjoy plethora of apps available for rooted-devices only. The developers did their work and a root method got released to please the users. You may have rooted your device, but there comes a time when you need to return to stock. So, for those folks, here we’ve a guide that teaches how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and get it back to stock. Let’s get started:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 70% of battery life left for an uninterrupted process.
3. This works on the GT-N7100 model only.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop. You can use free tools like WinRAR to do so.
3. Once you’re done with extraction, double-click on the Odin executable file available on your Desktop.
4. Click on PDA tab and select the Stock Firmware file you got after extracting the Stock Firmware archive.
5. Checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Make sure that the Repartition box isn’t checked as checking it may brick your device
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Once you’re inside Download mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. You should now see one of the boxes in Odin turning yellow, that means your device’s been recognized by your PC.
11. Click on Start button and it’ll start flashing the file.
12. Your device should be unrooted within a few minutes.
13. You’re all set!
Wonderful! Your device’s now back to the stock firmware and is unrooted as well. Now you cannot run any root-only apps on your device, so better you remove all such apps from your device.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss