ZTE Fury was announced a while back, it’s an Android smartphnoe that runs on the Sprint’s network, and costs only a few dollars. The device doesn’t have really high-end specifications and that’s the main reason why it hasn’t been equipped with the latest version of Android. However, at just a few bucks, you’re going to get a nice Android smartphone to help you with your daily tasks, such as checking emails and using Facebook. Rooting your device will let you do more than that and you’ll be able to go beyond the limits of your device, yes, that is right. It’ll let you install root-only apps so you can modify the elements of your device according to your needs and there’s a lot to do after you’ve rooted your device. This guide shows how you can root your ZTE Fury and have the freedom to do whatever you want with your device!
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device has at least 50% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Poot Debug APK (It’s attached in the first post)
2. Ministro APK (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the ZTE Fury:
1. Download and place both the APK files onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy both the APKs over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the files have been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the File Manager on your device and install both the APKs one by one.
6. Once both are installed, launch the Poot app from your App Drawer.
7. You will see a button labeled as Press here to poot. Tap it.
8. It’ll download some files using the Ministro app, so be patient.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions.
10. And you should be rooted now!
Excellent! Your Fury’s been successfully rooted and you now have the Superuser app in your App Drawer. If you want to confirm the root-access, head here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.