Being rooted has so many advantages that you’ll never want to unroot your device. However, sometimes you may need to return your device to service center for any warranty purpose, and at this time, you’ll want to unroot your device. Unrooting your LG Spirit 4G and getting it back to stock is an easy procedure and the guide below explains everything in detail on how to unroot your device. Once you’re done with it, you will have an unrooted device. And here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 70% of battery life left.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get them from here.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Stock Firmware (Download the latest firmware for your device)
III. Unrooting the LG Spirit 4G:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Firmware Update Tool archive over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the msxml.msi file and follow the instructions to install it.
4. Run the UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Click on Folder icon and choose the Stock Firmware CAB file you have downloaded to your Desktop.
6. It’ll convert the CAB file to KDZ file so you can flash it on your device.
7. Once the conversion’s done, it’ll show you the location where the converted file has been placed.
8. Now pick-your device and turn it OFF.
9. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do so, simply press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN buttons while plugging it to your PC.
10. Double-click on the KDZ_FW_UPD.exe file available on your Desktop.
11. In the Type section, choose CDMA.
12. Select Emergency from the Phonemode section.
13. Click on Folder icon and select the KDZ file you just created using above steps.
14. Hit Launch Software Update button and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
15. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
16. You’re all done!
Brilliant! Your LG Spirit 4G has been unrooted and is back to the stock firmware. Your warranty has been restored and you won’t have any issues bringing your device to the service center!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.