Want to enjoy all those sleek and shiny custom ROMs on your Samsung Rugby Smart I847 smartphone? Great! But before you do that, you’re gonna require a custom recovery that can help you flash such ROMs. ClockworkMod Recovery is one of the best custom recoveries ever made for Android devices and we highly recommend you to flash it on your device. And to help you with that, here we’ve prepared a nice guide that teaches how you can flash a custom recovery on your Rugby Smart. Follow it and get the recovery up and running on your device in no time.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our How to Root the Samsung Rugby Smart I847 procedure to root your device.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given at the bottom of the first post)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the Fastboot archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Copy the CWM Recovery Image over to the root of your SD card.
6. Now open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, just press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
7. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual name of the Recovery Image you downloaded:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
adb reboot recovery
8. Your device should now reboot into the Recovery mode.
9. And you’re done!
Excellent! You’ve successfully flashed the CWM Recovery on your device and you should now be inside the Recovery mode. Just go through each option to see how it works!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Rugby Smart I847 to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.