Maybe you’re looking to run some root-only apps on your device? Maybe you want the freedom that your friend’s having with his rooted Android device? No problem, we’ll help you root your device. The Samsung Galaxy SL can be rooted using the popular SuperOneClick app and this guide walks you through all the steps to root the device. So, follow it and get your device rooted.
I. Before You Begin:
1. Be aware that rooting your device will void its warranty. However, unrooting should help you reinstate the warranty provided an unrooting procedure’s available there.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. SuperOneClick (Download the latest version of the app)
III. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy SL (GT-I9003):
1. Download and place the app archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Run the SuperOneClick app by double-clicking on its executable file.
6. Click Root button in the app and it’ll start rooting your device.
7. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
8. You’re done!
Awesome! Your device has been rooted and you should be able to find the Superuser app in your App Drawer. Your phone is now ready to be loaded with root-only apps!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Galaxy SL (GT-I9003) to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.