Having issues with your Samsung Galaxy SL and need to return it to service center? Want to unroot it first so you can reinstate its warranty? No problem, we’re here to help you out. Unrooting is quite an easier process compared to rooting process and once you’re unrooted, you’ll have your lost warranty back and all those default apps that you had on your device when you purchased it. Here’s how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy SL (GT-I9003) smartphone.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device should have at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Hit PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Make sure to checkmark the boxes labeled as Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked, it’s important.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Turn it back on by holding down the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Plug it in to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Hit Start in Odin and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
11. It should take a few minutes to finish flashing the file.
12. Once it’s done, your device should automatically reboot.
13. And you’re done!
Excellent! Your Samsung Galaxy SL smartphone has been successfully unrooted is back to stock firmware. Your warranty has also been reinstated!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss