Having a custom recovery is always a great idea as it enables your make backups and restore them in case you run into problems trying new ROMs, etc. But that’s not all a custom recovery brings to the table as you will be able to clear cache, wipe your device partitions among other things. The guide below will help you get ClockworkMod Recovery (a very popular custom recovery) on the LG Optimus G Pro and if this is the device you own, read on.
1. You need to be rooted for this procedure to work. If you haven’t already done so, use our guide on the same to help you.
2. Back up everything you feel is important before you start and charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
3. This procedure is intended for the F240 (and its variants) of the LG Optimus G Pro; do not try this on any other models as you may end up bricking your device.
1. lte2jbrecovery.zip [File attached to this post; requires registration]
1. Extract lte2jbrecovery.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC and copy lte2jbrecovery.apk from the extracted folder to your device’s internal SD card.
3. Use a file explorer (ES File Explorer, for example), navigate to the location of lte2jbrecovery.apk and install the app.
4. Run the app from your app drawer.
5. Tap on 2nd-init Recovery first.
6. Next, tap on Reboot Recovery.
If successful, your device will reboot straight into ClockworkMod Recovery. You should now be able to make/restore backups, mount/unmount partitions and do many other things through CWM!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss