Wish if you could install root-only apps on your shiny new Acer Liquid Glow smartphone? Sick of using the same old apps and want to freshen-up your device? No worries, this guide will help you do that. Root-only apps are the apps that use the files located inside your system folder and to make them work on your device, you’ll need to root your device. Root procedure varies with each device and this guide shows how to root the Acer Liquid Glow smartphone. So, go ahead and root your device:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
4. This will wipe off all the data on your device, so make sure you backup any important files before proceeding further.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place all three files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive over to your Desktop. Do not extract other archives, leave them as are.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, simply hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
6. Type in folllowing command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Once your device reboots into the bootloader mode, hit up the next command:
fastboot -i 0x0502 oem unlock
8. It should unlock the bootloader of your device.
9. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
1. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
2. Copy the Superuser file over to the root of your SD card.
3. Next, type in the following command into the Command Prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
4. Your device should reboot into the bootloader mode.
5. Now issue the following command using Command Promot:
fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery CWM-126.96.36.199-E330.img
6. It will flash the CWM Recovery on your device.
7. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
8. You’re done!
Great! The recovery part has been done, let’s begin the root process now:
1. Make sure your device is connected to your PC.
2. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot recovery
3. Your device should reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once there, go to install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
5. Choose the Superuser ZIP file for flashing, it’s the file you copied earlier to your device.
6. Once the file’s been flashed, reboot your device.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Excellent! Your Acer Liquid Glow has finally been rooted and is equipped with a custom recovery. Since all the pre-requisites have been done, you can now install root-only apps as well as flash custom ROMs on your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Acer Liquid Glow to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.