While rooting does open up many previously closed doors for your device, installing a custom recovery gives you the freedom of tinkering with your device without much fear of bricking it, as you can make backups that can be restored if anything does go wrong. In the case of the Samsung Galaxy S Duos, if you have used our rooting procedure, you will have noticed that the custom recovery you flashed has mysteriously disappeared, replaced by the same old stock recovery. The guide below will provide you the way to get ClockworkMod Recovery on your S5762 more permanently and if this is what you want, read on!
1. You must be rooted before you can continue with this procedure. If you haven’t already done so, use our guide on the same to help you.
2. Back up everything you feel is important before you begin and charge your device to 75% or more to prevent unwanted shutdowns.
1. Go the Play Store on your device (or on your desktop browser) and install a file manager application that is capable of browsing/editing system folders. We recommend the ES File Explorer as this offers root explorer functions as well as app backup, download manager, etc.
2. Open up ES File Explorer once it is installed and navigate to the etc folder.
3. You should find a file named install-recovery.sh file. Rename this file to install-recovery.sh.bak.
1. Extract Galaxy S Duos S7562 Droidiser Rooting Kit.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. From the extracted folder, again extract odin.zip.
3. Double-click on Odin3 v1.85.exe to run Odin.
4. Click on the PDA button and navigate to the location of recovery.tar. [This should be available in the folder you extracted above]
5. Power down your device and put it into Download mode. To do this, hold Volume Down + Home and press the Power button until you see the Samsung logo. On the next screen, press the Volume Up button to continue to Download mode.
6. Connect your device to your PC using a compatible microUSB cable. Your PC should now detect your device in Download mode and install the necessary drivers. Once that is done, the ID:COM field on Odin should light up yellow, signifying that Odin has properly detected your device.
7. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are ticked under the Option section.
8. Click on Start to flash ClockworkMod Recovery to your device.
When Odin says PASS and the device reboots, you should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed permanently!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss