So you just rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 and now want to flash some custom ROMs on it? In order to do so, you’re gonna need a custom recovery that can help you install unsigned packages. Such a recovery is ClockworkMod, that allows users to flash ROMs, Mods and all sorts of flashable contents you find on the Internet. If you’re interested in flashing a custom recovery on your Tab, simply follow the following guide:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Our guide on the same will help you do that.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Start off by installing the ROM Manager app using the link provided above on your device.
2. Once it’s been installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the first option that says Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to flash the recovery.
5. And you’re all set!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully flashed a custom recovery on your Galaxy Tab and you should now be able to flash ROMs and Mods on your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: GSM Arena
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.