So the Alcatel One Touch 983 is the smartphone you want to root? No problem, we’ll help you root it. Android smartphones usually come with loads of apps loaded on it and am sure they’re good enough to have an entire week or two spent on them. However, for power users, root is something they can’t live without. If you’re one of those power users and would like to root your OT 983, here’s how you can do that:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You should have proper drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get them from here.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Rooting the Alcatel One Touch 983:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files and folders from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Copy all the files available inside adb folder over to your Desktop.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Copy the update.zip file located inside the Root folder over to the root of your SD card.
6. Now enable the USB debugging option on your device. To do so, just head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
7. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, simply hold down the Shift button and right-click anywhere on your Desktop and select Open command window here.
8. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot recovery
9. Your device should reboot into the Recovery mode.
10. Once inside Recovery, select apply sdcard:update.zip.
11. It’ll flash the file on your device.
12. Once the flashing’s done, reboot your device.
13. And you’re all done!
Awesome! You’ve successfully rooted your Alcatel OT 983 smartphone and root-only apps are now waiting at your doorstep!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.