The Sony Tablet P and the Sony Tablet S both were the Sony’s Android tablets that offered a nice combination of Google’s Android OS and Sony’s great hardware. These devices have also been warm welcomed by the developers and maybe that’s why they now have a root method for themselves. Rooting is an essential part if you’re going to customize your device, as it removes any of the limitations that the manufacturer may have imposed on your device. Follow the guide given below to root your Sony Tablet P:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
1. AIO Tool (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Place the AIO Tool archive on your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by simply heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on S.onyTablet.S.bat available on your Desktop.
6. Select the First option to root your device.
7. And it’ll start rooting your device.
8. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
9. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your Tablet P has been successfully rooted and you will be able to find the Superuser app in your App Drawer!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss