Maybe you have just rooted your Motorola Milestone X? Maybe you want to flash a custom recovery on it? Either way, the guide below should help you. Flashing a custom recovery on an Android device has many benefits, that include having the ability to flash ROMs, Mods and even make nandroid backups. We know this sounds so great, let’s see how you can flash a custom recovery on your Motorola Milestone X smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Motorola Milestone X procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Your device needs to have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Motorola Milestone X:
1. Start off by downloading and installing ROM Manager app on your device.
2. Once it’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the first option that says Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
4. When it asks you to choose your device, select Droid X.
5. It should begin flashing the recovery on your device.
6. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
7. And you’re done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully flashed CWM Recovery on your Milestone X and you can boot into the same by using the same ROM Manager app!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola Milestone X to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.