Samsung Galaxy S3 has got a 1.4Ghz Quad-Core processor that really is amazing and provides far better performance than the dual-core phones. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S3 from T-Mobile and want to increase its performance even more, then overclock it. Doing so will speed-up your device and you’ll be able to play any resource-intensive games lag-free. Here’s how you can overclock your Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile):
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S3 procedure to root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
3. Hit Recovery option in the app and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It will take a backup of your entire ROM and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. Overclock Kernel (Download the appropriate kernel for your device)
1. Place the Overclock Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once there, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It should begin flashing the Kernel on your device.
10. Once it has been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
1. Download any of these apps on your device:
2. Once the app’s been downloaded and installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. Increase the default clock speed using the options available in the app.
4. Make sure not to choose the save on boot option.
5. Once you find a specific speed to be stable for your device, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully overclocked your device and you should notice the changes immediately!
1. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the backup file you created in earlier section and let it restore.
5. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
6. You’re all set!
Cool! You’re back to the stock kernel with no support for overclocking!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss