ZTE Flash is an Android smartphone that runs on the Sprint network and is equipped with Android ICS on-board. If you happen to own this device, you’ll be glad to know that the device’s been rooted, all thanks to Bin4ry over at XDA for his root method. Once rooted, you’ll be able to install root-only apps, flash custom recoveries (if any available), and do a lot more than what you can do currently on your unrooted device. So, here goes our guide on how to root the ZTE Flash smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. As you may already know, rooting will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the ZTE Flash:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by simply heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the file named RunMe.bat available on your Desktop.
6. Choose Normal mode as the root mode.
7. It should start rooting your device and once it’s done, reboot your device.
8. You should be rooted now!
Congrats! Your ZTE Flash has been successfully rooted and you should have Superuser app up and running on your device!