Wish if could get a bit more performance out of your Samsung Galaxy S2 from T-Mobile? Well you can do so by overclocking your device. The process, known as overclocking, boosts the performance of the device and allows the user to realize the true power of the device. The guide below outlines how you can overclock your Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) smartphone. Follow it and get your device overclocked!
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S2 procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
II. Make a Backup:
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the second option that says Recovery and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. Create a backup of your entire filesystem and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
III. Downloading Required Files:
1. Faux Kernel (Download the appropriate kernel for your device)
IV. Flashing the Overclock Kernel on the Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile):
1. Download and place the Faux Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once in Recovery, select wipe cache partition followed by Yes.
8. Select advanced>>Wipe dalvik cache and then hit Yes.
9. Get back to the main menu of the recovery.
10. Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
11. Choose the Faux Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
12. As soon as you choose the file, it’ll begin flashing it.
13. Once the Kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
14. You’re done!
V. Overclocking the Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile):
1. Download and install any of these apps on your device:
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. In the app, increase the CPU clock speed and keep on doing so until you’re comfortable with it.
4. Make sure not to choose the save on boot option in the app.
5. Once you find your device to be stable at a specific speed, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Congrats! Your device’s been overclocked and you will definitely get better results with resource-intensive games!
VI. Reverting Back to the Stock Kernel (Optional):
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the backup file you created earlier to be restored on your device.
5. As soon as you choose the file, it’ll begin the restoration process.
6. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re all done!
Cheers! You’re now back to the stock kernel with no overclocking support!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.