Have root and a custom recovery on your Xperia S smartphone? Want to overclock it so you can get the best out of your device? No worries, this guide should help you do that. Overclocking the Sony Xperia S has been possible, thanks to the DoomKernel. Here’s how you can overclock your Xperia S device:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have done our How to Root the Sony Xperia S procedure before you do this procedure.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. Check out our guide on the same to do that.
II. Make a Backup:
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app has been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. Create a backup of your entire file system and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
III. Downloading Required Files:
1. DooMKernel (Download link’s given in the first post)
IV. Flashing the Overclock Kernel on the Sony Xperia S:
1. Download and place the DooMKernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the DooMKernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the kernel has been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit Recovery in the app and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once inside Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the DooMKernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It should begin flashing the kernel on your device.
10. Once the flashing’s done, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
V. Overclocking the Sony Xperia S:
1. Download and install any of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, open the app from your App Drawer.
3. Increase the CPU clock speed in the app and keep on doing so as long as your device’s comfortable with it.
4. Make sure not to choose the save on boot option in the app.
5. Once your device becomes stable at a specific clock speed, close the app.
6. You’re done!
Cool! Your Sony Xperia S has been overclocked and is ready to provide you with better performance than before!
VI. Reverting Back to the Stock Kernel (Optional):
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Restore the most recent backup you have there on the list.
5. And you’re done!
Great! You have successfully reverted back to the stock kernel!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.