While almost all the popular Android smartphones are enjoying overclocking, how can the Alcatel devices be left? Well, an XDA developer has come forth with a custom kernel that enables the Alcatel One Touch 908 smartphone users to overclock their device and get a little extra speed out of their device. The procedure to do so is quite simple and all you need to do is just follow the following guide and get your device overclocked:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Alcatel One Touch 908 procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. See our guide on the same to do that.
1. Download and install the Quick Boot app on your device. It’s available free of cost on the Google Play.
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It’ll create a backup of your ROM and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. Chocolate Kernel (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place the Chocolate Kernel onto your Desktop.
2. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the kernel’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Tap the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once there, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Chocolate Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It should begin flashing the kernel on your device.
10. Once the kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
1. Download and install either of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Using options available in the app, increase your CPU clock speed as long as your device is stable with it.
4. Make sure not to choose save on boot option in the app.
5. Once you’re fine with a specific clock speed, close the app.
6. You’re all set!
Excellent! You’ve successfully overclocked your device and experience the extra speeds on your device!
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Tap on Recovery and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the most recent backup you have there on the list to be restored on your device.
5. As soon as you select a backup, it’ll begin restoring it on your device.
6. Once the backup has been restored, reboot your device.
7. You’re done!
Congrats! You have successfully reverted back to the stock kernel!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss