Just rooting your device and flashing a custom recovery doesn’t mean you’re getting the most out of your device, it actually has a lot more to offer. Like you can overclock your device, it’ll let your device CPU run at a faster rate than the predefined one and will provide you with some extra speeds. If you’re interested, read on to learn how you can overclock your HTC Desire smartphone:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the HTC Desire procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. You can follow our guide on the same to do that.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit Recovery option in the app and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. Create a backup of your entire filesystem and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. Tristan Kernel (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Place the Tristan Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the kernel’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once there, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Tristan Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It’ll begin flashing the kernel on your device, shouldn’t take too long to finish.
10. Once the kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
1. Download and install any of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, open the app from your App Drawer.
3. Now increase your CPU clock speed using the options available in the app. Keep on doing so as long as your device is comfortable with it.
4. Make sure not to choose save on boot option in the app.
5. Once you’re comfortable with a specific clock speed, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Brilliant! Your HTC Desire has been overclocked and you should be able to notice the performance changes immediately!
1. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Tap the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Restore the most recent backup you have there on the list.
5. It’ll begin the restoration process, should take a couple of minutes to finish.
6. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re all done!
Great! You’ve successfully flashed back the stock kernel!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.