Samsung Galaxy Ace has been blessed with a root method and a custom recovery, and to add to the development, we now have a overclock kernel for the device. Overclocking means to make your CPU clock run at a faster rate than default and provide you with much better speeds. If you’re interested, here’s how you can overclock your Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Ace procedure to learn how to root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. Follow our guide on the same to do that.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It’ll create the backup of your entire filesystem and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. Space Kernel (Download link’s given in the second post)
1. Place the Space Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Space Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the kernel’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once there, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Space Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It’ll start flashing the kernel on your device.
10. Once the kernel’s been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
1. Download and install either of these apps on your device:
AnTuTu CPU Master
2. Once installed, open the app from your App Drawer.
3. Using the option or slider available in the app, increase your CPU clock speed and keep on doing so as long as your device is comfortable with it.
4. Make sure not to tick-mark the option that says save on boot, it may crash your device.
5. Once you’re stable with a specific CPU speed, close the app.
6. You’re done!
Awesome! You’re now overclocked and all ready to experience a blazing faster performance on your device!
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Choose the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Select the backup file you created in one of the earlier sections to be restored on your device.
5. It’ll begin restoring the backup on your device.
6. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re all done!
Cool! You have successfully reverted back to the stock kernel!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.